Thursday, October 6, 2011

UFC 136 Personal Predictions (Main Events)









We're only a few day away from UFC 136, and I wanted to share my personal predictions on how I think some of the fights will go:

Edgar vs. Maynard-

Their second meeting inside the Octagon was determined a draw by the judges, but I don't think that will be the case this time. Gray Maynard almost finished the fight in the first round last time, but soon gassed after Edgar was able to keep going. Maynard has what it takes to finish, so I think he could win by TKO (Technical Knockout), perhaps in the second or third round as long as he paces himself. Edgar has to focus on his speed and submissions, so he could win by submission in the later rounds.

Overall I would say Maynard by TKO in round 2 or 3.

Aldo vs. Florian-


Jose Aldo is one of the best, and he has what it takes to finish Florian. His mix of speed, power, and aggression is top-notch, so I think this fight could be won by KO in Aldo's favor by the second or third round.

For Florian to win, he has to time his shots carefully, and take down Aldo and try to submit like when he fought Clay Guida. Florian has great timing on punches, but Aldo is a bit faster and a super tough guy.

I've gotta go with Aldo by KO in round 2 or 3.

I'm sure both of these fights will be awesome, and I can't wait to see the results. Don't forget that on Saturday before the Pay-Per-View starts, you can watch the prelims Live on Spike!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More